1.What tolerances can we achieve?
There is not a given set of tolerances that fits all processes and materials. In every case, the final tolerances on your part will depend on a number of factors, including but not limited to:
- Part size
- Design geometry
- The number, type and size of features
- Surface finish
- Manufacturing process
Once your order is confirmed, we will review your design and provide a design for manufacturing review, pointing out any areas where we may not be able to achieve your desired tolerances. It’s helpful if you can specify which areas in your design have critical tolerances that must be met and which can be slightly modified if needed to reduce time and costs involved. Here are some general tolerance guidelines:
- General tolerances for CNC machining in metal and plastic
- Plastic injection molding tolerances
- General tolerance for metal 3D printing is +/- 0.5mm
- Shrinkage rate of +/- 0.15% is to be expected for vacuum casting
All manufacturing and technical specifications need to be clearly specified in the 2D drawings in order to be followed.
2.How does we ensure the quality of my parts?
- Once your order is confirmed, we will perform a full Design for Manufacturing (DFM) review to point out any issues that our engineers feel may affect the quality of your parts.
- All incoming materials are inspected and verified with a suite of testing equipment.
- Final inspection reports before shipment.
- We have the ability to share inspection data with you in real-time so we can work together to address any quality issues you may have during production.
3.What type of surface finishes does we provide?
We offer a wide variety of finishing services to achieve almost any look and feel on your parts. We offer treatments for metal, texturing for plastic injection mold tools, painting for metal and plastic, and many more. You can also learn how to specify the surface texture you want in this blog.
4.Can we passivate my parts?
Passivation is a treatment that changes the surface chemistry of some kinds of metals. We offer passivation for corrossion protection, durability, cosmetics and more.
5.Can we provide optical quality on my plastic parts?
Yes. We offer a special vapor polishing service to achieve high transparency for your clear plastic parts.